A) White Pomfret cut into half or kept whole as per choice ....with slits for masala penetration- 3 nos.
B) Ginger Garlic paste - 2 tbsp
C) Lemon juice of 2 small lemons
D) salt to taste
E) kashmiri mirch - 1 tsp for colour
F) Green chilis paste - optional
G) Coriander leaves - optional
H) Spices for dry roasting :
Whole Coriander seeds - 2 tsp
Whole Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Cinnamon - 2 to 3 sticks
Cardamon - 3-4
Cloves - 4-6
Whole Black Pepper 15-20
Tej Pata - 2 small
Whole dry red chili - 3-4
1. After dry roasting the spices at 'H', dry grind them into a not-very-fine powder.
2. Mix with all other ingredients at B to G with the dry spice mix . Add a little mustard oil (or any other oil of your choice). This is the marinade to smear the fish with
3) Liberally coat the cleaned pomfret pieces (or whole) & even the cavites with the marinade.
4) Marinate for a couple of hours. I refrigerated the marinated fish overnight.
5) Tawa fried in mustard oil.
Instead of Tawa Frying, this can be grilled too.....